Junior digital content producer
(Berlin – one year, full time)
Starting date: October 2017
Deadline for Application: 14 August 2017
Studio Olafur Eliasson is seeking a junior digital content producer to support in the production of short video clips and accompanying texts on subjects related to, but not limited to, the works and practice of Olafur Eliasson. The videos, intended primarily for online use on the website soe.tv and on the studio’s social media channels will be produced on a shoe-string budget with the studio’s small in-house film and content production team. The videos may take the form of interviews, short documentary-like presentations, vignettes, animations, or other formats.
The position involves working in close collaboration with the Research and Communications team at Studio Olafur Eliasson, which consists of about a dozen people, and requires individual initiative to organise and initiate projects. The soe.tv clips will relate to Studio Olafur Eliasson’s broader research and interests, so it is necessary that the candidate be versed in Eliasson’s work or passionate about delving into them. Topics, developed in close conversation with the studio’s research team, include environment, climate change, solar power, policy, cultural advocacy, as well as art and science.
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent experience in the field
– excellent communication skills; proven copywriting and proofreading skills; native-speaker-level English
– understanding and experience working in short form; the ability to build a narrative quickly and coherently
– technical knowledge of video and audio production
– understanding of the specificities of creating for an online audience
– forward-thinking about upcoming content needs
– ability to work as part of a dynamic team, openness to criticism and co-thinking, not precious
– intellectually flexible, capable of understanding and thinking from different perspectives
– individual initiative
– ability to work within a realistic budget
Applicants should send a recent resume and cover letter marked ‘digital content producer’ to email@example.com.
About Studio Olafur Eliasson
Since its foundation in 1995, Studio Olafur Eliasson, Berlin, has grown organically from a small group of collaborators into a team of about ninety people that includes craftsmen, specialised technicians, architects, administrators, archivists, art historians, web programmers, film-makers, and cooks. The studio team works with Eliasson to turn artistic ideas into reality through constant research, experimentation, design, and development.
The Research and Communications team is involved in archiving and communicating the works of Olafur Eliasson, digitally and in print. In addition to writing and editing, the team is responsible for coding, filming, photographing, and designing.