DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 29 JANUARY 2018
Six-month Parental Leave Cover Position
Editor, Copywriter, and Researcher
(Berlin – Full time)
Starting date: immediately
Studio Olafur Eliasson is seeking an editor, copywriter, and researcher to join its Research and Communications team for six months to cover during a parental leave. This full-time position primarily involves a variety of tasks related to research, communications, and press:
• composing engaging and original copy;
• producing background research for upcoming artworks and topics relevant to the studio (including embodiment, decision-making theory, compassion, geometry, climate action) and developing ways of using this material on the studio’s online channels, including olafureliasson.net and soe.tv;
• researching people and organisations (UN, NGOs, philanthropies, businesses) relevant to the studio’s involvement in advocacy and policy;
• assisting in producing fresh content for the studio’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and website;
• drafting work presentations, proposal texts, press releases, and descriptions of artworks for internal and external use.
Who we’re looking for
You have native-level English proficiency, a close affinity to the arts, proven research skills, and impeccable writing and editing skills. You have multiple years of relevant experience writing and copyediting, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac OS, and familiarity with desktop publishing and other programmes. Knowledge of German is a plus, but not a requirement.
You are creative, open-minded, and self-motivated; attentive to detail and capable of working with others as well as independently. As Studio Olafur Eliasson is a collaborative environment, it is necessary to be generous with your writing, and not precious or protective. Above all, you should be committed to the task of communicating artistic ideas in clear, cogent language, bridging the gap between specialist topics and a broader audience.
Applicants should send a recent resume and one-page cover letter to the attention of Geoffrey Garrison with the subject ‘Paternity Cover’.
Post: Studio Olafur Eliasson
About Studio Olafur Eliasson
Since its foundation in 1995, Studio Olafur Eliasson, Berlin, has grown organically from a small group of collaborators into a team of about one hundred people that includes craftsmen, specialised technicians, architects, administrators, archivists, art historians, web programmers, film-makers, and cooks. The studio team works with Eliasson to turn artistic ideas into reality through constant research and experimentation.
The Research and Communications team is involved in archiving and communicating the works of Olafur Eliasson, digitally and in print. In addition to writing and editing, the team is responsible for coding, filming, photographing, designing, tweeting, and dreaming.
For more information, please visit
olafureliasson.net instagram: @studioolafureliasson