ENCOUNTERS COMMUNICATIONS AND PROJECT ASSISTANT (D/F/M) AT STUDIO OLAFUR ELIASSON
Beginning of the contract: October 2021
Employment: Full time
Deadline: 1st September 2021
As Communications and Project Assistant at Studio Olafur Eliasson (SOE), you will be an important part of the Encounters team, working across the studio’s communication and social media team to support, launch and promote upcoming exhibitions and assist administrating, developing, and archiving projects. Encounters is shaped by a dynamic team of specialists who focus on the creation of exhibitions and projects including communication, archival, documentation and digital development.
Working with studio communication, tasks will include acting as first point of contact for incoming press request; liaising with international partners, institutions and teams; tracking and collating press coverage; and updating the press database. The communication team also occasionally provides support to partnering entities of Studio Olafur Eliasson, Studio Other Spaces and Little Sun.
Assisting with studio social media, you will keep an overview of the studio’s core social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, Twitter) and contribute to website creation. Further tasks include drafting, scheduling and posting convincing content, both visual and written, monitoring comments and activity, and reviewing and digesting social media statistics via reports.
Assisting across the Encounters team, you will work on texts for exhibition materials, publications, and general communication, as well as prepare presentations and be responsible for collecting and feeding project relevant information into the digital archive and the studio’s database.
• You have at least two years of documented professional experience in a communications or public relations role, preferably in a contemporary art context.
• Your experience includes working closely with digital platforms and social media.
• You are experienced in writing to journalists, arranging interviews (virtually and in person) and managing requests.
• You have excellent text and editorial skills, preferably experience in copy editing.
• You have excellent organisational and communication skills.
• You can write flawless copy in English.
• You grasp complex briefs quickly and are confident working independently.
• You work exceptionally well in a team, under pressure, and are able to juggle multiple deadlines.
• You have a good eye for detail and are confident in selecting and collating visual content (e.g. for creating social media posts or selecting press images).
• You have a strong interest in art and preferably, the environment.
• During the occasional busy times, you are able to work flexible hours.
• You enjoy working with a wide range of people.
• You are an enthusiastic team player.
• Excellent image editing skills and a sensibility for graphic design and layout
• Experience using graphic design programs including the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and other image and video-editing software.
• Experience in growing a following on social media
• Interest and/or experience in publications
Fluent English is required.
Proficiency in German (both written and spoken) is desirable.
Proficiency in other languages a plus.
The studio team consists of specialised technicians, architects, artists, art historians, cooks, and administrators. We work with Eliasson to experiment, develop, and install artworks, projects, and exhibitions as well as to communicate and contextualise his work. We’re a fast-paced team that understands the importance of slow, in-depth work. We hire highly skilled team-players, and we value creative thinkers and doers with a passion for art. www.olafureliasson.net
Studio Olafur Eliasson is committed to an inclusive employment policy in all areas of the studio, with an explicit focus on increasing the ethnic, socio-economic, and gender diversity of the studio.
Applicants should submit a cover letter (max. 500 words) including salary expectation, a CV with names and contact information for two references, and include two written examples that demonstrate your ability to write a pitch or press release, and a social media post to: email@example.com
Please note that only applicants with the relevant qualifications will receive a response.