FREELANCE DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER/ VIDEOGRAPHER AT STUDIO OLAFUR ELIASSON
(AS COVERAGE DURING ABSENCE BEGINNING 15 JULY/ 1 AUGUST UNTIL 15 DECEMBER 2019)
Deadline 1 June 2019
Studio Olafur Eliasson is seeking a video professional with experience planning, producing, shooting, and editing short films on subjects related to (but not limited to) the works and practice of Olafur Eliasson. The videos, intended primarily for online use on the website soe.tv and on the studio’s social media channels will be produced on a shoe-string budget with the studio’s small in-house film and content production team. The videos may take the form of interviews, short documentary-like presentations, vignettes, animations, or other formats.
In addition to standard video shooting and editing, the desired candidate would also have a large role to play in preparing and shooting content here at the studio to be broadcast live via soe.tv.
The position involves working in close collaboration with the Research and Communications team at Studio Olafur Eliasson, which consists of about a dozen people. The soe.tv clips will relate to Studio Olafur Eliasson’s broader research and interests, so an ideal candidate would be either versed in Eliasson’s work or interested in delving into them.
The ideal candidate will have broad technical and conceptual knowledge of filmmaking, an interest in art and advocacy, a desire to work in a deeply collaborative team, and the organizational skills necessary to balance multiple projects and efforts simultaneously.
Your skills and qualities:
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro; experience working in multiple-editor environments desirable
- Experience shooting solo, or in small groups, with DSLR-style setups. (We use the Sony A7Riii for our productions)
- Experience creating content for the web, and an understanding of the narrative and stylistic strategies required
- Excellent communication skills, both with the internal team and outside collaborators; native-speaker-level English
- A commitment to staying organized within existing structures for archiving data, assembling editing projects, and the like.
- The ability to conceive of and carry projects forward individually, within a realistic budget, in reasonable, self-defined timeframes
The team at Studio Olafur Eliasson consists of about one hundred people, from craftsmen and specialised technicians to architects, archivists, art historians, web and graphic designers, film-makers, cooks, and administrators. They work with Eliasson to experiment, develop, produce, and install artworks, projects, and exhibitions, as well as on archiving and communications, digitally and in print. The studio regularly hosts workshops and events in order to further artistic and intellectual exchange with people and institutions outside the art world.
We look forward to receiving your online application (cover letter, CV & video reel/ work samples). Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Olafur Eliasson aims to promote an inclusive employment climate and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, parental or marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression.
Only complete applications fitting the qualification profile will be considered.